Phoenix Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Attorney
Defending people charged with the Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
Blumberg & Associates is an established Arizona criminal defense law firm representing people charged with sexual exploitation of a minor. Sexual exploitation of a minor is generally involves knowingly viewing, possessing, or manufacturing child pornography. Contact our experienced Phoenix sexual exploitation attorneys today, we can help.
Experienced Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Defense Attorneys
One issue for sexual exploitation cases is proving that the images involved are images of actual children. The Supreme Court ruled that computer generated images of children did not constitute child pornography. In Arizona, a person commits sexual exploitation of a minor by:
- Recording, filming, photographing, developing, or duplicating any visual depiction in which a minor is engaged in exploitive exhibition or other sexual conduct.
- Distributing, transporting, exhibiting, receiving, selling, purchasing, electronically transmitting, possessing or exchanging any visual depiction in which a minor is engaged in exploitive exhibition or other sexual conduct.
- If any visual depiction of sexual exploitation of a minor is admitted into evidence, the court shall seal that evidence at the conclusion of any grand jury proceeding, hearing or trial.
Sexual Exploitation of a Minor Sentencing
Sexual exploitation of a minor is a serious charge and is covered under, Arizona’s mandatory sentencing laws. While the state generally prosecutes individuals who make and distribute child pornography, sentencing guidelines call for a ten to twenty-four year prison term for every image of a different child. With computer technology and the internet making child pornography more available and district attorneys pushing for no plea agreements for sex crimes, the likelihood of lengthy prison terms is increasing.
- 18 A.R.S. § 13-3554 Luring a minor for sexual exploitation; classification
- 18 A.R.S. § 13-3555 Portraying adult as minor; classification
- 18 A.R.S. § 13-3560 Aggravated luring a minor for sexual exploitation; classification; definitions
- 18 U.S.C. § 2251 Sexual exploitation of children
- 18 U.S.C. § 2252 Certain activities relating to material involving the sexual exploitation of minors
- 18 U.S.C. § 2252A Certain activities relating to material constituting or containing child pornography
Hire Experienced Arizona Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested or charged with the sexual exploitation of a minor, your best defense is hiring an experienced Arizona criminal defense attorney that has experience handling sexual offense cases. At Blumberg & Associates, our sexual assault attorneys have a history of providing positive trial results and have successfully negotiated numerous positive pretrial results agreements.
Contact Our Phoenix Sex Crime Attorneys
Our Arizona criminal defense attorneys regularly provide legal advice and representation for clients across the state of Arizona charged with the sexual exploitation of a minor. Our firm represents clients from Maricopa County, Yavapai County, Coconino County, Pinal County, and the cities of Phoenix, Mesa, Peoria, Tempe, Scottsdale, Prescott, Tucson, and Flagstaff.
If you are under investigation for or have been charged with the sexual exploitation of a minor, please contact Blumberg & Associates. When your future is on the line, you need an Arizona criminal defense law firm where skill and experience are more than just a slogan.